Social Media Marketing Strategies: 6 Tips For Startups
Digital marketing has rapidly become an inevitable part of every company’s marketing strategy, especially social media marketing. With over billions of active social media users, it’s undoubtedly an effective way of tapping into a large market. It also requires less budget allocation, an advantage that startups can greatly benefit from.
Whether you’re hiring a social media specialist or immersing yourself with digital marketing knowledge from an expert site, these tips can be of use to you:
Social Media Marketing Strategies for Startups:
1. Choose a Preferred Platform
Having a Facebook page for your startup should be imperative, but it doesn’t mean that you have to stick to only one. Other social media platforms also have a massive number of users. Consider which of these can accommodate your needs and one that consists mostly of your target market.
Some of the most commonly used social media platforms, aside from Facebook, are the following:
- Twitter – Millions of tweets are sent every day. It’s great for customer interaction and advertising through the use of the hashtag phenomenon.
- Instagram – Good for posting visual ads like photos, videos, and infographics
- LinkedIn – This social networking site for professionals and business people works best if your startup is using the B2B model.
- Yelp – Features reviews from customers, which are great for building a good reputation.
- YouTube – Create vlogs, tutorial videos, or have your ads embedded or featured on top Influencers and YouTubers’ videos.
2. Identify Your Target Market
You have to be particular with the demographics of your target audience. Assess your potential consumers’ age, gender, location, education, preferences, and occupation. You’ll get this information by conducting thorough market research.
3. Build a Solid Profile
Brand awareness is a very crucial aspect of marketing, and it is the forefront of your social media presence. Build a profile that not only introduces your company but also reflects its quality and values.
Here’s how you can make a solid social media page for your company:
- Company Logo – Invest in a company logo to highlight your profile. Have it done by professional graphic artists or logo makers.
- Colours – Make your profile an eye candy. Use colour palettes consistent with your company logo.
Catch Phrases – Create your own catchphrase or tagline by deriving it from descriptive words you’d want to be associated with your brand.
- Use SEO – SEO or Search Engine Optimization is not only useful for content, but you may also use it on your company information. Social media website have their own search boxes and you’d want your page to come up first when users browse on the site.
- Feature Photos and Videos – Add videos and photos that show your product or represent your culture. Use this as a teaser.
- Add Other Links – Show that you’re active on multiple channels. Add links to your other social media accounts.
- Contact Info and Location – Let potential customers know that they are welcome to drop a call or visit your office. Give an updated contact number and your company’s address.
4. Create an Effective Content Strategy
Create your content based on your goals and target audience. Aim to establish some form of a bond or make audiences hooked to your content. To maintain a consistent guide that you can follow in deciding what you can post on your page, here are some things to remember:
- Drive traffic to your social media page by injecting keyword-rich texts.
- Speak through your posts. Make them consistent with your company’s style guide.
- Tell a story that your audience can relate while making sure it aligns with your company values. It’s like meeting them halfway and making them feel welcomed.
- As always, you have to catch the attention of your audience by enticing them with colours and shapes.
- Decide on the type of format you will use. They can be in the form of blogs, photos, videos, infographics, and podcasts.
5. Be Interactive
Maintain a constant interaction with the steady number of followers you have. Monitor customer discussions, respond to questions and comments. You’ll eventually have to respond to negative comments as well, but handle them with the goal of reaching a resolution.
You will not only be able to figure out the weak points that need to be changed or improved, but you’ll also identify which aspects your customers love and can be maintained. Organizing contests with incentives is also a great way to attract more customers and keep current followers engaged at the same time.
6. Monitor Stats
Having accurate statistical data can keep you abreast with your company’s social media marketing performance. You may use social media productivity tools. They can be used to keep track and efficiently manage multiple social media accounts.
To enable more growth for your startup, you also have to keep up with this fast-changing world without having to spend more than necessary. Effective marketing will always be essential to achieve success in reaching a bigger market, and social media is an unstoppable force in this arena. It’s important that you keep your social media marketing strategy a dynamic one and it will help generate more revenue for your startup.
[…] Suggested: Social Media Marketing Strategies: 6 Tips For Startups […]